Watching videos, movies and listening music are some of the tasks in which nobody wants interruptions neither from outside nor from their computer. There are number of video players which you can download to your PC and start watching videos but why not choose the best which gives you the best user experience. I have made your work easier as here in this post I’ll be telling you about the best video player for windows 7 and 8.
My main focus while choosing the below video players was on things like whether it can handle different formats, does it ask to download codec for different files, is it lightweight, is it user friendly, is it easy to work with and few more. After that I have prepared this list of best video players for windows 7. Here they are :-
The Best Video Player For Windows 7 & 8
1.) VLC Media Player :-
A large section of movie watchers use VLC for streaming movies on their computers, the popularity of VLC is at heights and yes it should be, VLC is quite reliable and easy to use media player. Along with letting you watch videos and listen music it also offers additional features like you can play YouTube videos directly on VLC which may help you in reducing buffering time.
It supports almost every formats, this is the main reason it is here. Looking at its ability of playing everything you may call it as Play Anything media player instead of VLC. Download here.
2.) PotPlayer :-
This has also got amazing response from users. For now Pot Player is only for windows and juts like VLC it also plays everything you ask it to. Along with this it also gives you numbers of features and makes it quite easy for users to set the video according to their requirements, setting up frame for video is very easy, just use the keys 9 and 1 to increase and decrease the frame width respectively, you can increase the frame and zoom in as much as you want.
You have the video equalizer along with audio equalizer through which you can adjust things like brightness, contrast, hue and noise reduction. Visit the website here.
3.) GOM Player :-
GOM player is known really good for playing incomplete or partial downloads and broken media files. It looks for the required components to pay the video on its own. These are the key features :
- It supports many format such as AVI, MPG, MPEG , DAT, WMV, ASF, ASX and more.
- GOM Player has its own codecs like XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 and many more so you won’t need to install separate codecs for most videos.
- Its patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded.
- Supports SMI, SRT, RT, SUB files for subtitle.
- It also Supports DVD-quality videos with 5.1 channel audio output.
- Burst Capture allows you to take continuous screenshots up to 999 shots.
- Supports Operating Systems – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1.
4.) Media Player Classic (MPC) :-
It supports 32 and 64 bit windows, a compact media player. In appearance you may feel as if it resembles the default windows media player but the features are different. It has been in the market since 12 years, was released in 2003. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD, and DVD playback without installation of additional software or codecs. MPC has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video with support for subtitles and codecs for LPCM, MP2, 3GP, AC3, and DTS audio. MPC also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader.
If you ask the people who have been using MPC will have one thing in common to say about it and that is its speed, yes it does work fluently.
5.) KM Player :-
According to its stats, KM player is currently used by 300 million users globally. It also has apps for android and iPhone both. Here are some of its features :
- Supports all media files like DVD, MPEG, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP4, MOV, 3GP, OGG, MKV,Mp3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, FLV.
- By default equipped with Codecs pack.
- Image and Video capture function Support.
- Supports Winamp, RealMedia and QuickTime.
- Supports multiple audio streams also.
- Supports skin function and wallpaper viewing function.
- Supports TV/Camera.
6.) KODI :-
It is a free and opens source media player which is available for almost every platform like windows, linux, mac, android, jailbroken iOS. Kodi is developed by XBMC. It allows you to play live TV and record it too. You can change the whole GUI with its skin feature and give it a new feel. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more. Visit the site.
These are all very reliable, rest depend upon your usage and likes.