After search engines, social media is the way which has the capability of driving huge traffic to websites, some of websites have even declared that approx or more than 70% of their traffic is from social media, which means you need to get some social media exposure in order to get more traffic and if you are using WordPress then a social media plugin for WordPress will do the job for you.
Social Media Plugin For WordPress
Who doesn’t want his/her content to be shared ? I think none of us, getting appreciation and sharing for our work seems cool but it is only then when you provide your visitors an easy way to do so, I mean do you think that any of the visitor has so much time first read your article and then head over to their social account in a different tab, some of them may do this but majority of them will leave your site after reading the article, that easy way could be provided with social media plugin for WordPress which I am going to tell you about, all of the plugins listed below are free of cost, you won’t have to pay even a penny for them.
Here we go with the list of best free social media plugin for WordPress :-
1.) JetPack Sharing Feature :-
One of the most downloaded and famous plugin in the world of WordPress users, this plugin has a lot of cool and useful features for you. If not for sharing, you must download it to get other benefits of this plugin, trust me you won’t regret it. Setting up Jetpack sharing is simple, once your jetpack plugin is activated, you then just need to switch on the sharing feature of it and you are done.
Lets have a short look at its features, the only reason I am providing its features is that, beside sharing it is indeed a very useful plugin :-
- Customization. Make your WordPress site uniquely yours with Custom CSS, Carousels, spam-free Contact Forms, Sidebar Widgets, Infinite Scroll, and Tiled Galleries.
- Mobile theme. Instant and customizable lightweight responsive theme designed for phones and tablets.
- Content tools. Create and publish richer content with Post by Email, Shortcode Embeds,Markdown, Beautiful Math, Spelling, and VideoPress.
- Visitor engagement. Increase your traffic and keep visitors coming back withEnhanced Distribution, spam-free Comments, Shortlinks, Likes, Notifications, Related Posts,Publicize, Social Sharing, Subscriptions, and Site Verification Tools.
- Site performance. Speed up image delivery with the Photon CDN and access to visitorStats.
- Security. Keep your WordPress site up, safe, and protected with Single Sign On, Jetpack Monitor, and Akismet anti-spam.
2.) Shareaholic :-
It has share counters for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Buffer, Google Plus, etc. Along with share buttons, this plugin also provides you follow button through which you can increase your followers. One more advantage it has that along with share and follow buttons , it also provides you the opportunity to increase your pageviews by allowing you to add related content on your post pages, it is a 3 in 1 plugin.
The only problem I faced while using this was the scrolling issue, whenever you click on the share button, it opens up a new window but you couldn’t scroll on that page thus hiding the share button in that window.
If you are planning to get new hosting plan then here you may get hostgator coupon codes for maximum discount.
3.) AddThis :-
This one is a freemium plugin which means some of its features are available for free and some of them fall in the paid version and that depends on you, it provides you separate buttons that can be displayed on your mobile site keeping the design in mind and the need for share. Basically your will 3 tools here :-
* Share Tools (free and pro)
* Follow Tools (free and pro)
* Related Content Tools (free and pro)
AddThis allows you to keep track of all the shares you get via your personal dashboard on AddThis site.
4.) Flare :-
Yet another simple sharing plugin, just like the other it also provides you share and follow buttons with different styles but it doesn’t gives you related content option. Flare allows you to add share buttons at 3 different locations i.e to the top of post, to the bottom of post and to the left of post page (floating style). Although the colors are set by default of the buttons according to the brand logos but still you can change it in this plugin.
5.) Digg Digg :-
Below are the features the plugin owners assure you to provide with this :-
- Display all popular social sharing buttons with count, such as Twitter, Buffer, Facebook Share, Facebook Like, Digg, LinkedIn, Google +1, Reddit, dZone, TweetMeme, Topsy, Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, Sphinn, Designbump, WebBlend, BlogEngage, Serpd, Pinterest, Pocket and Tumblr.
- Facebook Like (Iframe or XFBML), support thumbnail generation, multiple languages, show faces and send button.
- Great customization options.
- Lazy loading to increase website performance.
- Left or right scrolling effect like Mashable.com.
The only problem it shows on wordpress.org is that it hasn’t been updated since 2 years, here is what the details say :
Requires: 2.3 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.5.2
Last Updated: 2013-7-2
Active Installs: 100,000+
6.) Po.st :-
This plugin has not got much exposure among website owners but yeah it deserves a try. Along with sharing it also allows you to monetize your site through those ads appearing on the site. All you have to do that follow the instructions they will give you after you install the plugin. You may click on the below button to get more details on it and download it :-
7.) Share This :-
This was the second plugin I used on Go Baby Go for sharing, it was all working fine till I got some compatibility issues and then I had to remove it. It provides more than 100 social channels to choose from, such a wide variety for choice. You may use small or large buttons, add counters or use one of the Sharing Bars.For deeper insights you may create a social analytic dashboard account.
8.) Share Buttons by AddToAny:-
Again one of the best social media plugin which lets you set social buttons in standard of floating manner. Just like AddThis this plugin also provides hundreds of platforms to share, easy to set up and choose the location where you want these buttons to appear, these are the allowed locations :-
* Bottom of post.
* Above of post.
* Below and above of the post.
You may disable the buttons from feed, archive or front page.
* Also allows you to display buttons at the bottom of excerpts even.
Genesis Social Media Plugin :-
If you are using a genesis framework then here is what I got for you, official sharing plugin by genesis which is available for free of cost at the wordpress site. This one is quite simple to use yet effective in which I have seen no errors till date except one that the social channels are very less.
Hope you have liked the above best social media plugin for wordpress and have got what you were looking for. All the plugins mentioned above are free of cost.